My enthusiasm in learning D is contagious. Some of my colleagues ask me from time to time about useful resources. Here is a list of ones.
- APT repository for D—if you are an Ubuntu fan (like me), you don’t need an explanation what is it. Here you can get latest stable DMD compiler and some useful libraries and tools.
- DUB—it is a build tool with support of managing dependencies. Its features are similar to Maven for Java and Pip for Python.
- Derelict—awesome collection of binding to popular C libraries. Useful in game development.
- Vibe.d—the web framework, nuff said. Frankly, I haven’t spend a lot of time fiddling with it, but it looks promising.
- Phobos—the standard library. It is not so diversified as Python one, but it is powerful enough. By the way, if you dream of reinventing the weel, it is your chance! There is still a lot of work.
- The D Programming Language by Andrei Alexandrescu—the book you must read.
That is all for now. Wish you happy hacking!